Saturday, February 11, 2012

OUR KY CRAFTS MARKET WILL BE HELD IN LEXINGTON MARCH 3 & 4!!!

The artists and craftsmen of our beautiful state of KY are very excited about the move of our KY Crafted: The Market to Lexington this year!  The Market actually began in Lexington, and then moved to Louisville in the 80's, where I exhibited there after moving to KY from Virginia.  At the time, I was making porcelain jewelry and my husband, Bill, was a silversmith.  We often joined forces to create works with both porcelain and silver.  I remember my first market there!  I was thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful group!  Fran Redmon, director of KY Crafted at the time, came by and admired my blow up manikins dressed up in my own clothes to show off what I made.  I won a booth design award that year and thought Kentucky was surely the best place on earth to be a craftsman!  I was right!  The years passed and in my opinion Kentucky is still the best state in the union to be an artist.  Here is a link to a million or so interesting things about our market: http://migration.kentucky.gov/Newsroom/kyarts/Market12_inNumbers.htm.  Join us there and visit my booth, 156, mention this blog message, and I will reward you with a ring or a small horse pendant!

No comments:

Post a Comment