Monday, May 23, 2011

WHAT A LITTLE PAINT CAN DO/ A NEW ROOM FOR BABY MAK!

Baby Mak's room is finished!  Her mom painted the room this beautiful pink.  I got out my acrylic paints and the large "M" she had for me, and we went to town decorating!  I was scared at first (I had little experience ((ok, NONE)) when I started painting things on walls!) but the kids had far more faith in me.  I set out to do it.  One trick I found was to water the paints just a little.  Since I didn't want the redbud tree to stand out too dramatically on the pale pink walls, I poured brown, pink, tan, yellow, and light green onto a plate, and swirled them all on the brush before I touched the wall with the paint.  Notice a few touches my daughter-in-law added:  the grass on the lower walls, the hanging dresses, the lime green curtains, her aunt's handcrafted quilt.  I finished it off with index fingered white poka dots on the walls.  Just a little paint here and there and we have a baby-themed room!  Cost: a few bucks!  Visit our website: jamisonbrumm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment