Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WHAT TO DO WITH OLD CABINET DOORS ( I LOVE FREE STUFF!)

Not having money to decorate does not mean you can't have great looking walls!  I found some old cabinet doors at a salvage store.  These had large frames with narrow recessed middles.  I painted the insides a solid color, then used plastic and styrofoam cups as guides to create circles within (pour paint on a paper plate, spread, dip the cup into it, then dab the cup on the space you want to begin painting). Not knowing what I was doing (this is not unusual for me when I begin a project), I painted a little, looked a little, repainted a little, etc. till I had a design that looked good at a distance.  Using a level, hammer, nails, and existing holes in the cabinet backs, I put them up on the wall in a creative way.  It worked!  I LOVE free stuff!  (To see what we do, visit our website: jamisonbrumm.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment